Old Factory Store Renovation in 1972
This circa 1825* building, the “Old Factory Store”, is located in downtown Franklin, Tennessee. For many years, in its later life, the building housed Dotson’s Restaurant before falling into severe disrepair. Kline Swinney Associates of Nashville, Tennessee worked closely with the Heritage Foundation of Franklin & Williamson County and the owner to restore the building while converting it for use as the main office for a local bank. Additionally, they assisted the owner in having the structure placed on the National Register of Historic Places. The Factory Store was placed on the National Register of Historic places in 1972.
In 2004 Landmark Booksellers would be the new owner of this beloved old building.
* recent research has uncovered that the property value increased substantially around 1808, a clear indication of the construction of a large building like this.