Did you know that Alexander the Great was barely in his thirties by the time he had conquered all of Asia Minor?
Alexander of Macedon was only thirty-three years old when he died, leaving behind him a sprawling empire of impressive size, which encompassed dozens of different people groups, religions, cultures, customs, and-of course-problems. Naturally, Alexander is well known as a figure, but how well do we really know him? How much of his fascinating story is true, and how much is mere legend?
Historians of repute have tried, for centuries, to decode Alexander's life and answer all the burning questions above. Sadly, the common reader knows very little of the real Alexander, yet all of that is about to change with this handy little volume right here!
Leafing through this book, you'll find out the real story behind Alexander, one of the most influential, capable, and lauded conquerors in ancient history. You'll find out just why so many other great politicians, generals, and future conquerors saw this Macedonian youth as the go-to inspiration to reach for the stars.
And what else is there in this tome for you? Well, among other things, you'll discover the following:
- The early life of Alexander, how he grew up, and what influenced him
- How eerily similar ancient politics is to ours in modern times
- The motivations of Alexander and his men
- The fascinating private life of such a public individual
- The faults and foibles of Alexander that ultimately every individual is plagued with
- The makeup of the Macedonian military
- The makings of a multiethnic empire and the widespreadness of Alexander's ideals and culture
- The many friends and foes of the Macedonian king, complete with their own fascinating stories
- The many legends that sprung up from historical events
- The issue of succession and the passing of a bygone golden era
- The legacy of a figure both adored and maligned by millions
- And much more!
Scroll up and click the "add to cart" button to learn more about Alexander the Great!