A James Beard Award winning cookbook Learn Michael Ruhlman's twenty key cooking concepts for the contemporary home kitchen. 20 techniques, 100 recipes, a cook's manifesto: Ruhlman's Twenty
distills Michael Ruhlman's decades of cooking, writing, and working with the world's greatest chefs into twenty essential ideas--from ingredients to processes to attitude--that are guaranteed to make every cook more accomplished. Whether cooking a multi-course meal, the juiciest roast chicken, or just some really good scrambled eggs, Ruhlman reveals how a cook's success boils down to the same twenty concepts. With the illuminating expertise that has made him one of the most esteemed food journalists, Michael Ruhlman explains the hows and whys of each concept and reinforces those discoveries through 100 recipes for everything from soups to desserts.
If you liked The Food Lab: Better Cooking through Science, you'll love the game-changing cookbook, Ruhlman's Twenty.
Ruhlman's Twenty shows you how with techniques, tips, and tricks in over 300 photographs
- From the home cook to the professional chef, the book contains essential lessons that will redefine how to cook
- Acclaimed writer and culinary authority Michael Ruhlman is the author of Ratio, The Soul of a Chef, The Making of a Chef, Charcuterie, and with Thomas Keller, The French Laundry Cookbook
- From the basics of how we think about food to lessons on ingredients, processes, and ideas
- Chapters on specific ingredient like salt, onion, egg, sugar, and water
- Go in depth on techniques such as poach, roast, braise, grill, fry, and saut
- Learn how to make a great sauce, batter, dough, soup, vinaigrette, and more